Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Is that a plus sign?

Well, found out 3/10 that we're 5 weeks pregnant. Little baby, you are determined! One month off the pill and you found a way to be. I like to think you take after me :) Oh and by the way, I think you're a she.

Maybe I should get into poetry rather than blog writing?

Little baby, you definitely surprised us! Your dad is super proud, thinking he has super sperm. Your grandpa Ronn and great-grandpa Greg are calling me Fertile Myrtle. Regardless, you are already so special to me. My first thought: This will be the most important thing I do in my life. My second thought: Oh shit. I gotta straighten up!

I don't think it hit me for a few days...or the first week! But 4 pregnancy tests later and you're still a positive on the plastic. Giving up alcohol and all thoughts of future alcohol sucked but I'm over that. Thanks for giving me a reason to give up diet Coke :) I want to buy a ton of maxi dresses because I know this summer will be hot and sweaty growing you inside me! Plus I want to be comfy as I lug you around (and I love to shop!)

I wish your dad could experience this the way I am. He's very excited and is making plans, but it's different having you in my tummy, even if you're the size of a lentil.

No comments:

Post a Comment